October is here. Have you told your kiddos about the Switch Witch yet?
In case you’re not familiar, the Switch Witch is a good witch that visits your home on Halloween night, usually while the children sleep, and takes (not steals, she’s an invited guest) all of the children’s Halloween candy (or a select amount) and leaves a toy(s) in its place
If you want to give the Switch Witch a try this year, here’s what you do:
- Sell your child on the idea. Give her some backstory on who the Switch Witch is.
- Have your child decide, in advance of trick-or-treating, how much candy she is willing to give to the Switch Witch.
- Have your child write a note to the Switch Witch asking for the toy(s) she wants.
- After the trick-or-treating is over, help your child prepare the candy for the Switch Witch.
- After your child goes to sleep, exchange the candy for the toy(s). Tip: Throw it out immediately so your child doesn’t find it and so you don’t eat it!